This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I uninstalled my Avast Antivirus and now I am unable to install any ot

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, 

 

I've just uninstalled my Avast Antivirus software after using for a couple of years on my PC cos I am unable to update. After that, I download the latest version but can't install on my laptop now. Download other Antivirus software but still unable to install on my laptop. What is happening??? Really hope you can help and I don't know what to do now. ;( 

 

I've also followed the instruction on the page to download and install aswMBR. And I'm not even sure if it has finished scanning cos it stalled for a long period of time so I guess it's completed? 

 

Greatly appreciate if anybody can help me on this! Thank you… 

 

aswMBR version 1.0.1.2252 Copyright© 2014 AVAST Software
Run date: 2015-01-29 15:24:34
—————————–
15:24:34.710    OS Version: Windows x64 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
15:24:34.711    Number of processors: 4 586 0x2A07
15:24:34.715    ComputerName: CHANISE-PC  UserName: Chanise
15:24:36.053    Initialize success
15:24:36.131    VM: initialized successfully
15:24:36.131    VM: Intel CPU supported 
15:24:42.627    VM: supported disk I/O iaStor.sys
15:28:14.261    AVAST engine defs: 15012801
15:29:29.533    Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1
15:29:29.533    Disk 0 Vendor: Hitachi_ JE4O Size: 715404MB BusType: 3
15:29:29.815    VM: Disk 0 MBR read successfully
15:29:29.815    Disk 0 MBR scan
15:29:29.831    Disk 0 Windows 7 default MBR code
15:29:29.862    Disk 0 Partition 1 00     1C Hidd FAT32 LBA MSDOS5.0    25600 MB offset 2048
15:29:29.893    Disk 0 Partition 2 80 (A) 07    HPFS/NTFS NTFS       307200 MB offset 52430848
15:29:29.909    Disk 0 default boot code
15:29:29.940    Disk 0 Partition 3 00     07    HPFS/NTFS NTFS       382603 MB offset 681576448
15:29:30.252    Disk 0 scanning C:\Windows\system32\drivers
15:29:52.934    Service scanning
15:30:38.778    Modules scanning
15:30:38.778    Disk 0 trace - called modules:
15:30:38.832    ntoskrnl.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys ACPI.sys iaStor.sys 
15:30:38.842    1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0xfffffa8008b55060]
15:30:38.852    3 CLASSPNP.SYS[fffff88001c2843f] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0xfffffa80066605a0]
15:30:38.862    5 ACPI.sys[fffff88000f6e7a1] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1[0xfffffa8006667050]
15:30:40.646    AVAST engine scan C:\Windows
15:30:51.260    AVAST engine scan C:\Windows\system32
15:36:22.071    AVAST engine scan C:\Windows\system32\drivers
15:36:38.531    AVAST engine scan C:\Users\Chanise
15:45:02.621    Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\Chanise\Downloads\MBR.dat"
15:45:02.637    The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\Chanise\Downloads\aswMBR.txt"
 
 

 

 

Hi UberFrustrated,

My name is OCD. I would be more than happy to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Copy and Paste logs directly into the reply window. DO NOT attach the logs unless specifically instructed to do so.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your Operating System and losing all your programs and data.

Please stay with this topic until I let you know that your system appears to be "All Clear"

Important: All tools MUST be run from the Desktop.

=========================

Do you receive an error message when you try to install Avast?

=========================

Run the following tool, then without rebooting try and install Avast.

=========================

[external image: bullseye_zpse9eaf36e.gif] rkill

Print out these instructions as we may need to close every window that is open later in the fix.

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 5 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

  • Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
  • Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"

You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

  • rkill.exe
  • rkill.com
  • rkill.scr
  • WiNlOgOn.exe
  • uSeRiNiT.exe

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

=========================

Update on progress

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI