This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Oracle Java JRE runtime 1.8x/8.x

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I went to your link and during the process it said to uninstall the old as it was a vulnerability. It did it for me then installed the new. It then said it and was successful.

I ran Secunia and it still said I need to manually update it, even after rebooting.

This is not the only program that Secunia has had issues with which were later resolved.

 

I know it is best to update on your own but it is easy to forget each one.

Is there a more reliable way to check for problems besides Secunia. I used Update Checker but I think they test different things.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI