Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE9 application error

Cant use IE via desktop icon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nissanser91a

nissanser91a

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

I was away for holidays and returned Jan 7, 2015.  Computer was turned OFF. I restarted computer and logged in to Windows Vista SP2 normally. When I attempted to get on IE 9 the event timed out, but no reason was given? I was able to connect to other programs on line like Skype, so I know the connect was OK. I tried uninstalling IE9 and reinstalling it and all other updates. When I went to "Help" in Windows Vista SP2,  it said there was no help available. So, I clicked on the internet "more information" link, lo and behold, I'm on the internet. I don't have a clue what is causing this, can anyone help? See attachments.

MTGriz

Error: (01/09/2015 09:17:37 AM) (Source: Application Hang) (EventID: 1002) (User: )
Description: The program iexplore.exe version 9.0.8112.16599 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel.
Process ID: 1710
Start Time: 01d02c27a65f1e0f
Termination Time: 42

Attached File  checkup.txt   919bytes   279 downloads

Attached File  aswMBR.txt   5.37KB   294 downloads

Attached File  FRST.txt   53.01KB   396 downloads

Attached File  Addition.txt   37.41KB   356 downloads

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

I don't know exactly what is going on, but I can suggest a few things that may help, I suggest trying System Restore before any messing about, take it back to when you last knew it was OK, with luck that will sort out ie, but I notice from those .txt's that you have v8 and v9 versions of ie ?

You also have some very outdated files, you should always keep up with the latest versions as they close security loopholes and bugs that could cause problems, although on rare occasion's these can cause problems for some as well, thankfully they are minimal on the grand scale of things, but out of date software is one of the ways attackers cause trouble for you.

I also note there are 2 anti virus's listed, this is not good, what anti virus are you actually using ?

Once we get things back to normal (hopefully) I suggest some serious updating and some uninstalling, we can list these for you if you want to do this, as some programs are that big a jump from what you have their own updater won't be able to see the new versions, but 1 thing at a time, lets make sure nothing nasty is going on, to that end I suggest running a few scans, mbam if you have it, update then use the Threat Scan, current version is 2.0.4.1028.

See if any of this helps then we can go from there.

Braindead

#3 nissanser91a

nissanser91a

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

I already tried a restore. I even used the oldest one listed. I think Windows Vista is at fault. Some WMI error.
Oh, once I get on via an active link, itwon't go ant further. Ie. Only the initial page.
I don't know how to remove programs and unused files. I'm afraid I'll screw something up. As far as I know my updater/s are keeping things current.

#4 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

Right have you tried running any scans yet ?

I suggest getting Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free if you don't have it, run the update after installation, as sometimes it gets a bit more from what it got during installing, enable Pup's detection (check the box as it installs), it will then run a scan after finishing the install, see what that finds, should something show up I would go into the Settings link at the top of it's window, then on the left menu click on the Detection and Protection link, then check the rootkits scan option, then go to the Scan link at the top again, and select to do a Threat Scan, let's see if that shows anything.

On a side note, you can try the full version in a trial period, this gives real time cover, and compliments your antivirus, you would be amazed at how much it stops just surfing the web, and is a wise investment if you find it useful, but speaking of protection you didn't say what you were using ?

The notes show Norton and Avast, this is not good, I am guessing you probably got rid of Norton and moved over to Avast, in which case if you can say how you removed Norton, then we can help clean that up, along with the other files that need attention, out of interest what updater are you using ?

Braindead