This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Need help removing a folder

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I need help removing this folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wondershare

 

Every time I try to delete it I get the message " you need permission to perform this action"

 

 

There are a couple of ways to remove such items, but I know that software so I know it should be easy, I've never had a major problem with it, there is probably a file still active from it, so try using the CTRL + ALT + DEL (Delete) and start the Task Manager, click on the Running Processes (or just Processes), then scroll down it's list and it you see anything to do with Wondershare right click on it, and select to End Process Tree, or if that is not an option, select Kill or End Task, it varies slightly between OS's, that should solve it.

 

Alternately, if you don't feel that you want to try that, or don't see it listed, then try booting into Safe Mode, to do this you need to tap the F8 button say once a second until a screen with options appears, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe mode option, then hit Enter, it will list lots of files, just let it load to the desktop, once there it will be much bigger than normal, don't worry about this, and just Close the Help window that opens, now try to delete the folder, see if this helps.

NP, took me several occasion's to figure out what was stopping me at time's (not just this program), before I thought to dig a bit deeper only to find it still had a process running still, even after uninstalling and rebooting, so now it's the first thing I check before driving myself mad trying to find ways to do it, one of those occasion's where less is more you could say lol, glad your sorted anyway.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI