Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

CNQMMAIN.EXE - Bad Image

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 princeop

princeop

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

Hi there,

thank you for your help in advance.

Here is where i'm getting stuck, I need your help to get this fix it. I can't download any antivirus it won't let me and download IE either. Only on IE it won't show any image or picture but chrome or foxfire it'll show the picture on the browser. 

everytime i want to download something it'll give this message.

C:\windows\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

hi princeop and welcome to WTT 

I have moved your post from Meet and Greet forum as you are likely to receive a bigger response in this forum here:

Please tell us:

1 what anti virus product you are using at the moment

2 What operating system and level of service Pack

3 32 or 64 bit

4 make, model number and age of your computer.

5 If you have run chkdsk /r

6 if you have run sfc /scannow

7 if your operating system and all programmes are legal and correctly licenced.

8 if you have a complete back up of everything that is important to you, with at least one copy kept safe offsite on removable media.

9 If you have a good recent, disc image that you can access.

Post back with the above information and we will do our best to help

Regards

paws

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

This looks to me to be a severe malware infection.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.