Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91910 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Chrome opens by itself

chrome

Best Answer kool371 , 08 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

the site that would open was the homepage https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl But anyways I solved what was causing it. I have a program Savvyconnect for the survey site SurveySavvy that I belong to and take surveys on. I discovered this after... Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kool371

kool371

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:49 PM

I need some help I have searched some and nothing I find seems to help. I reinstalled windows on my computer using the recovery partition. I am running Windows 7, I have the hard drive split in to 2 different partitions c: for windows and d: to install programs and store files on. The problem I am having is Google chrome will open a new window every few mins even if I am not doing anything on the computer. Chrome is not my default browser, Internet Explorer 11 is. I have tried to uninstall chrome and reinstall only to have it continue. Before I reinstalled windows I never had this issue. I want to keep chrome installed so when I go to certain websites that wont seem to load in internet explorer I can use chrome and features I use with my google account. if it wasn't for needing chrome for some sites and my google account I would just uninstall it.

Edited by kool371, 05 September 2014 - 10:57 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

What website opens in Chrome when it loads?  Does it do it non-stop, always, whenever the computer is on?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 kool371

kool371

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:55 PM   Best Answer

the site that would open was the homepage https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl

But anyways I solved what was causing it. I have a program Savvyconnect for the survey site SurveySavvy that I belong to and take surveys on. I discovered this after I tried to disable all add-ons and I was asked if I wanted to add the savvyconnct add-on when chrome loaded. I closed the Savvyconnect program out and chome stoped opening on its own. I will be contact support for the survey site on this. Thank you for trying to help.

Edited by appleoddity, 08 September 2014 - 06:47 PM.
Removed link to survey site

#4 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for posting the solution... Have a nice day.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.