This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Chrome opens by itself

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I need some help I have searched some and nothing I find seems to help. I reinstalled windows on my computer using the recovery partition. I am running Windows 7, I have the hard drive split in to 2 different partitions c: for windows and d: to install programs and store files on. The problem I am having is Google chrome will open a new window every few mins even if I am not doing anything on the computer. Chrome is not my default browser, Internet Explorer 11 is. I have tried to uninstall chrome and reinstall only to have it continue. Before I reinstalled windows I never had this issue. I want to keep chrome installed so when I go to certain websites that wont seem to load in internet explorer I can use chrome and features I use with my google account. if it wasn't for needing chrome for some sites and my google account I would just uninstall it.

the site that would open was the homepage https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl

 

But anyways I solved what was causing it. I have a program Savvyconnect for the survey site SurveySavvy that I belong to and take surveys on. I discovered this after I tried to disable all add-ons and I was asked if I wanted to add the savvyconnct add-on when chrome loaded. I closed the Savvyconnect program out and chome stoped opening on its own. I will be contact support for the survey site on this. Thank you for trying to help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI