This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Dell 9200c Start-up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Dell 9200c. When I turn on the system I get the usual start-up screen (with the moving bar), then I get a DOS screen listing the BIOS version, telling me AHCI BIOS is installed, a port device list, etc. This screen stays on for at least 30 seconds. Any way for me to bye-pass or avoid this screen? I can't find anything in the Set-up menu to change.

Hi Fox42,

There were a number of different BIOS versions shipped with the 9200c series, but if you take a look here it may point you in the right direction.

http://tech.madcatsden.com/Resources/DCSE/Portables/Inspiron/9200/BIOS.htm

 

The usual areas for controlling the Screens that are used, are shown in the POST section….

 

If your BIOS does not have a setting that you can access in the BIOS, fast boot for example or your version of Windows does not use a win.ini file or auto exec.bat or config.sys file then you may be out of luck.

Regards

paws
 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI