This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

igfxtray.exe/win32 errors and boot loop [Closed]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer at work shutdown on its own a few days ago and booted back up with loads of error messages post login, including igfxtray.exe>>>followed by a system shutdown countdown window? I ran combofix in safe mode and it rebooted and was still doing the same thing. When I rebooted into safe mode the second time a system shutdown countdown window popped up again and shut combofix down in the middle of a scan. How can I get rid of this virus if I can't even use the computer in safe mode?? I don't have a disk for system restore so I had to run safe mode with networking for combofix to work.

:welcome:

 

We try to stay away from work computers as the logs can reveal sensitive information and we don't want to be responsible for any leaked information or any damage to a work computer when running any of our tools . I suggest you contact your IT Department for help

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI