Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Virus - proxy settings - please help

proxy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 delhoya

delhoya

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

Hi,

I am currently running windows 8.1. I have been having issues with the proxy settings on my PC for a few weeks now. It started off by changing the settings every time I opened internet explorer browser from the start screen tile. I would have to manually adjust the settings in order start browsing. The same thing would happen every time I restarted my computer and opened the browser again. More recently this would happen every time I restarted the IE browser in any particular session and currently the settings are being reset almost immediately after I have changed them making it nearly impossible to browse. 

By using the IE browser from my desktop, it seems to be unaffected by the proxy settings issue, however it is increasingly inundated with pop ups and it is also painfully slow.

On top of these issues, my computer is generally running very slow as well.

I run AVG, which seems to remove some minor threats from time to time but doesn't touch the major issues. The McAfee scan also doesn't pick anything up.

Your help will be most appreciated.

I have run an OTL scan and will post the results in the next post.

Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 delhoya

delhoya

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:44 AM

OTL scan results:

Sorry, I seem to be having issues pasting the text from the scan, so I have attached the notepad file.

Thanks.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   327.11KB   260 downloads