Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Optimizer Pro malware [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 St3liz

St3liz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Hi,

I'm normally very good at avoiding this kind of thing but I'm not infallible. My wife asked me to have a look at her laptop as it was running slowly and I decided to download Optimizer Pro and it turned out to be malware.

I have gone through the standard steps first - uninstall programs, anti-virus and anti-malware scans and removed all threats, removed all the browser add ons.

The situation now is that the uninstall programs window no longer shows the uninstall/repair buttons. The only internet page that will load is my homepage and when I try to navigate to any website I get a 'unable to connect to proxy server' message, I believe there is something re-directing my internet but I can't find it.

I have run Malware Bytes several times and it is now showing no threats.

I also have some adware called Pirrit that I can't get rid of.

How can I resolve this without internet access?

Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 St3liz

St3liz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I am now getting help from Machiavelli on Geeks to Go.

#3 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hi St3liz,

Thanks for letting us know. I will close this topic.

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.

#4 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.