This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Optimizer Pro malware [Solved]

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

 

I'm normally very good at avoiding this kind of thing but I'm not infallible. My wife asked me to have a look at her laptop as it was running slowly and I decided to download Optimizer Pro and it turned out to be malware.

 

I have gone through the standard steps first - uninstall programs, anti-virus and anti-malware scans and removed all threats, removed all the browser add ons.

 

The situation now is that the uninstall programs window no longer shows the uninstall/repair buttons. The only internet page that will load is my homepage and when I try to navigate to any website I get a 'unable to connect to proxy server' message, I believe there is something re-directing my internet but I can't find it.

I have run Malware Bytes several times and it is now showing no threats.

I also have some adware called Pirrit that I can't get rid of.

 

How can I resolve this without internet access?

 

Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI