Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE 11 Issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mad

mad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

I have Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit OS, IE 11. (I have used XP for years and am still getting used to 7.  I opted to get 7 instead of Win 8.)  I am having 2 issues but I'm not sure if the problem is IE 11 or not? If this is the wrong forum - I'm sorry - I wasn't sure.....

• I have a paid subscription with LogMeIn to access 4 computers (OS's XP) for work related reasons from home. On Feb 4th I began having trouble using the remote feature and found the only thing I was able to get to was the dashboard. When I try going to use remote a message comes up;

'Important! 

Click the OPEN button at the bottom of the screen to switch to Windows 8 desktop mode for an optimal LogMeIn experience. 

If you prefer to stay in Modern UI, you can use a limited version of LogMeIn remote control.'

But there is no 'Open' button on the bottom of the screen.....  If I click on the only link 'use a limited version' -  depending on the computer, either opens a blank window or takes me to the desktop that I can do nothing with. I've contacted LogMeIn but they have not responded yet..... I wasn't sure if there was an issue with them or something on my end. (After reading LogMeIn's Community board, I get the feeling LMI is having major issues with their tech support.) One response I got from my LMI post:

'I was having many issues across the board with IE 11 and when I went back to IE 10 the issues cleared up.'

Are there issues with IE 11?

• I was also having trouble using my favorites bar to get to Facebook - but - for some reason that appears to be working right now....

Any suggestions or direction for me to go for help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by mad, 11 February 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jacee

Jacee

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,695 posts
  • MVP

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Did you do this before going to IE 11? http://help.logmein....a0000000sfwQCAQ

MS MVP-Security 2006~2016

#3 mad

mad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Thank you for the link! Sure would have been nice to have gotten it from LMI. 

How do I find out when I upgraded to IE 11? I don't remember that happening recently. I don't understand how one day I'm doing fine on LMI and the next I'm not. Where do I disable Enhanced Protected Mode if I didn't do it? In IE Options?  Or am I out of luck now? Not sure what to do now to get it back up since apparently I missed something....

#4 Jo*

Jo*

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Where do I disable Enhanced Protected Mode if I didn't do it? In IE Options?  Or am I out of luck now? Not sure what to do now to get it back up since apparently I missed something....

disable Enhanced Protected Mode
Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo

#5 mad

mad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

The EPM was already unchecked.

My question is, In reading the directions I pasted below, what I need to do now is make sure each computer I'm trying to access thru LMI has been updated with the latest version of LMI's plugin because those computers (host) are the ones that have LMI installed on them? 

If that's the case, I can't do anything with the host computers without physically being there because the computers that I can get to their desktop is in 'low integrity mode' and I really cannot do much of anything in that mode.

• Is there anyway to go back to using IE 10?

I decided to use Google Chrome and was able to get to get thru. That computer was already updated so I'm not sure what to do - other than use Chrome to use LMI or go back to IE 10?

• Got any suggestions or recommendations on other remote programs that are safe to use? (Other than TeamViewer because it costs too much.)

Thank you for your time!

Before you upgrade to IE11

Before you upgrade to IE11, please launch one final remote session in IE10. This ensures that you

have the latest version of the LogMeIn plugin (1.00.1053 or above).

If you have already upgraded to IE11

If you have already upgraded to IE11 before getting the latest LogMeIn plugin, IE11 may prompt

you to disable Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) for the LogMeIn plugin.

If prompted, click Run add-on to get the latest LogMeIn plugin.

When EPM is disabled, the LogMeIn plugin will run in low integrity mode. This will not compromise

performance or system security.