This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 7 - user account problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have no idea what I did on my laptop but Windows does not respond when I click "change user account control settings" and I'm stuck as a user and not Administrator. I've tried several little fixes online, I read about the Office 97 thing (didn't do that), and I just can't figure out what the heck went wrong. The ONLY thing that comes remotely close to being connected (and it's a stretch) is that I installed LogMeIn Pro and Hamachi. What steps can I pursue here? My laptop is useless right now. Can't do anything important. Thanks for any help guys!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI