I had an event this evening February 5 at 5:22 Atlantic time. I had just used Nero Wave Editor and was trying to adjust my speakers, but when I went to Control Panel I noticed that some icons were missing as there was an empty space where they had been. I can't get System Tools to work either. When I go to Component Services Under Administrative Services and Look at Events(local) I get the following: Error-COM1-Category 98-Event 4691-Computer WAYNE-5BB
System Tools Compromised-Control Panel Missing Icons [Closed]
Register to Remove
Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:03 AM
my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
- First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
- Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
- If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
- Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
- Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
- If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
- Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
- My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Scan with DDS
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs
DDS.txt: save to your desktop then post its contents in your topic
Attach.txt: save to your desktop then attach it to your next reply
Scan with Gmer rootkit scanner
Please download Gmer from here by clicking on the "Download EXE" Button.
- Double click on the randomly named GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Show All ( should be unchecked by default )
- Leave everything else as it is.
- Close all other running programs as well as your Browser.
- Click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the Save.. button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
- Please post the content of the ark.txt here.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users