I seem to have the explorer.exe virus. My computer was running slowly so I ran the task manager to see if I could find the problem. I had 5 explorer.exe running with the largest running 500mb or greater of course this robbed my memory. What ar my steps in resolving this issue? Thanks
My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
There is not much I can do without a log to look at.
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
dds.scr dds.com
Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it. How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed. Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box. A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt
Save both reports to your desktop
Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file. Just copy/paste both of them.