since 2 weeks my windows explorer crashes randomly and when I start up applications..
I thought I had an infection so I've been to that forum already but they don't think it's an infection and told me to post here so that's what I'm doing.
It started 2 weeks ago, when I got an anti-virus warning telling me I was infected, I cleaned it up but my explorer still crashes.. And I don't mean Internet explorer, but really windows explorer
any help would be apreciated..
Hi there!
Lets start from point A.
1. Update Internet Explorer.
2. Disable all Add-ons:
Click the Start button , click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
3. Reset setting to default:
Close all Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows.
Click to open Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset. Click Close, and then click OK.
Close Internet Explorer and reopen it for the changes to take effect.
Take it for a spin and see how you go now. Any better?
Cheers,
Lee.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI