I'm having some issues with differnt drives on my computer. They were working a few months ago and now they aren't. When I put a thumd drive in, the computer doesnt recognize it. I tried different thumb drives. also my Tom Tom GPS unit isnt being recognized my the computer. My MP3 player, external harddrive, and Iphone, all work fine.
Hardware
Multiple Drive Issues
1 min read
btbenoit
Topic Starter
paws
Hi btbenoit,
A good place to start with trying to fix this fairly common problem is to go here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925196
So many USB devices are plugged into our computers these days (and then unplugged before a different device is plugged in) that sometimes Windows gets a little confused as to what driver to use for a particular device.
Let us know how you get on trying the steps outlined
Regards
paws
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI