This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Flash player issues

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So I keep getting told that my Shockwave Flash has crashed

 

I googled the issue & made sure my flash & shockwave were up to date, the crashes kept happening

 

So I then made sure to update my nvidia drivers & the crashes keep happening

 

Only thing I've seen suggested that I haven't done yet is to disable hardware acceleration for flash. The reason I haven't tried this yet is b/c I can't. It says that to do this, I need to right click on something using flash (such as a youtube vid) & click "Settings" & then unclick the box for "Enable Hardware Acceleration" & then click "Close"

 

However, after I click "Settings," I cannot click on anything in the little settings popup that comes up. I try to click on the check box, the Close button, the other tabs, nothing happens

 

What's going on?

 

Not sure what other info you guys need, but I use Win 7 32 bit & Firefox 25.0

 

 

And to be clear, I guess my question is 2-fold in that:

1) How do I make it so I can actually alter my flash settings

2) How do I make flash stop crashing (no exaggeration, it crashes a bare minimum of 5 times a day)

 

 

 

Pic of the crash popup message I get every time:

[external image: 2013-05-17-22-02-07-6ff958.png]

Hi ezpkns34, From the screen dump you submitted it looks like a "plug in" for the browser you are using may be the problem.

 

Try using Internet Explorer with no add ons….

 

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools> Internet explorer no add ons.

Let us know if you still get the warning dialog box

Regards

paws

I no longer have internet explorer on this computer, sorry

 

Do you want me to turn off other addons on firefox?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI