dconant1
Topic Starter
My wife has a 30-day Trial Copy of Office on her computer. She used it and liked it and decided to purchase the program. She bought, what she thought, was the whole program (Disks, books, and all ….just like it used to be sold) online at ebay for $100. She received the shipment this past week, opened it and all that was in there was a card giving her a 25-digit code to put into her program. On the outside of the box it said Office Home and Student 2013. She asked me to insert this code into her trial copy of Office. That's when my problems started. I looked at her computer and saw a version of Word from 2000. It was easy to go to Help/About and see the key code right there. I then noticed another version of Word from 2013, Excel 2013 and PowerPoint 2013. That must be the Trial that she downloaded. But I don't see any Help/About tab or any place to insert this new 25-digit code. That is my first question - how or where do I insert this code?
Then I noticed a version of Office 365 and the $99/yr subscription rate for 5 computers, and wondered if the Trial program that she has loaded is Office 365 rather than Office Home and Student 2013. All she wants is to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint … particularly PowerPoint. She doesn't want the yearly subscription version. So my next question is … How can I determine which version she has loaded? And how can that version have this 25-digit code inserted? I know this is the same question I asked before but I wanted to understand better what is going on with this new Microsoft way of selling their premiere product (Office).