This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijack Log

15 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:lol: Error messages are gone from Ad-Aware. Some of the problems I had were coming from Secretmaker. I installed that a few days ago to block pop-ups etc and it caused problems with Outlook Express and may have caused problems with Ad-Aware and McAfee VirusScan. After I uninstalled Secretmaker, ran the HJT scan and posted the log I have had no problems thus far. My Outlook Express is now working fine. I have booted up and shut down several times without incident. Secretmaker looked like it would be a great program to prevent unwanted downloads, pop-ups etc. I need to find out more about it since it did what it was supposed to do but it also messed up other things. I believe that the computer is healthy at this point with only minor glitches (won't shut down completely on command, have to manually turn off power) so I am extremely thankful for your help and guidance. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :D
Well i guess that I will add secret maker to my list of programs to avoid then :)

Do you have the url from the page that you downloaded it from? I would like to check it out.

For a pop-up blocker go here and read about Google Toolbar, be sure to read the privacy statment first though.

I would suggest that you go to windows update and download and install all critical updates.

To reduce the risks of getting this type of problem again look at the links in my signature. At least read this one >> How Did I Get Infected In The First Place?
:) I will let you know the URL for Secretmaker. I did get the critcal updates for windows. I am automatically notified when new updates are available. I will also do as you suggest for pop-up blocker and risk reduction. :oops:
:P I went to the sites you suggested and have added enough security to pass the Jasons Toolbox test almost 100%. I have also added sites to "Favorites" for future reference. The Google toolbar is loaded I just may have a handle on things for now. Without your help and guidance this would not be possible. I am more knowledgeable than before and can help to guide others in the right direction for help. How can I repay you? Mere thanks seems so inadequate. :P

Without your help and guidance this would not be possible. I am more knowledgeable than before and can help to guide others in the right direction for help.

How can I repay you? Mere thanks seems so inadequate. :P

You're welcome - glad to help :D

If you want to help support this site and its service please look at this page :)

About secret maker, seems to be a pretty new application so not that much known about it yet… I would stay away from it at the moment though.

As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)

The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI