This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

svchost freezes CPU

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

ok, I have a Dell inspiron b130. its been working great up until last week. in the task manager, there is a process that is using a bunch of memory and spikes the cpu usage….tops out at 45,000kb. its svchost.exe…. SYSTEM…. one of many, but thiss one freezes the cpu. what the hell is this???
I managed to do a defrag, which worked temporarily, and updated my antivirus, but on the reboot.. the cpu froze aagain. what do I do

please help… its my daughters cpu and she needs it for school.

Edit by paws: post split off from Meet & Greet forum and moved here
In the future, when you join a public forum please take the time to acquaint yourself with the rules and operation of the board. That would include how to properly post questions, where to post them, and what behavior is considered acceptable.

I would suggest you start in the Site Orientation forum.

This is a public forum run by volunteers who have jobs, children, homes, spouses, businesses, and all their own problems. If you have a problem so important that you would attempt to circumvent the restrictions of the board to the point of being annoying then I suggest you find and pay somebody who does this for a living and is willing to help you immediately. Otherwise, it is rude and unacceptable behavior to use my personal comments section as your messaging board. I sure hope you didn't do that to anybody else, and if you did I suggest you attempt to delete those comments or apologize to those users or you may not get help from anybody.

I'm sure somebody around here will be willing to help you, but I will kindly pass…

Welcome to WhatTheTech none the less.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI