jpr123
Topic Starter
Hi everyone.
I've been working on a Dell Inspiron 1525 that had the ransomware virus on it. I ran Sophos (bootable) to stop the virus, because the computer had crashed and is calling for a set-up disc. Which I don't have.
Much of the virus was removed, but the operating system won't load. Part of the error code reads like this: windowssystem32c_1252.nls is either corrupt or missing.
One unusual thing is that the Dell site has this machine listed as having XP, while the machine itself has a Vista sticker on it.
The Dell was given to me, I'd really like to get it running, if any one can help!
Thanks!
Werv
The Dell error code is 2000-0146. I don't have set-up discs
Ok, let me ask you this..
I'm unable to reformat the drive on the non-working laptop. That system won't boot.
I DO have the vista reinstall disks. Is there a way to do a full system recovery via the usb on another machine?