My laptop get infected with babylon toolbar virus, I have babylon search in the top right hand side search box in firefox.
That is very bothering and I want to remove it completely.
Also babylon search is in the default address bar instead of google.
I removed Babylon Toolbar from my laptop control panel, but it's still there!
The other day someone in yahoo answers suggest a removal guide,
It's here
it looks decent, but requires to download an antivirus not heard before,
i just want to make sure everything won't go wrong again.
so is there a simpler way to remove this everyone hated toolbar?
Please suggest!
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
click on Babylon Toolbar and then Uninstall - if you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Hi Tbcry
It has been several days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.
Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.
Thanks
Satchfan