This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No hibernate option after recovery Win 7 64bit

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently replaced the hard drive in my laptop ASUS K60IJ and contacted ASUS for recovery disks. After installing the recovery disk along with drivers disk, I do not have the option to sleep or hibernate. Also, I cannot have a screensaver because it says my videocard is not compatible, my sound does not work because it says no device is installed, and the webcam will not work because it says it is being used by another program. I have never had any of these issues before replacing the hard drive and performing the recovery. Contacted Tech support and was told that this problem is not possible. I appreciate any advice/suggestions.
H Bailey8783,
Sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing it doen't sound like Technical Support are being realistic in your particular situation… they may say its impossible but I guess you have the proof in front of you, that it is!

It sounds like the drivers for your chipset, video, audio etc have not installed properly…. try to install them again and then check in Device Manager to see if there are any red or yellow markers against the items concerned….. you can also right click each item, select Properties to see if the device is installed working correctly
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI