This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Re-Direction

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I'm hoping you can help. About every 4th or 5th link I click on I get redirected to the same 2 or 3 websites, or if I have a browser open an advertisement video will start playing all of a sudden. I have scanned my system with Spybot and Malwarebytes. It finds stuff but not to correct this issue. I have McAfee for my antivirus. This is on my Toshiba Satellite P755 laptop which is running Windows 7. Please let me know what other information you need and if you have a better scanner that I can run. Thanks, Guy
Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?

Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI