compudodo
Topic Starter
Hi. I don't know if this is a hardware issue or is actually more linked to the Windows program, so i thought i would start here.
I bought a refurbished Toshiba computer about 6 months ago. It's a Satellite L-675-S7108. Maybe you know of problems that manifested with this specific computer?
It worked fine for about 3 months, the last three months have been problematical.
I am an elderly woman, so that could be part of the problem. I do not like downloading new versions…. takes a lot for me to be comfortable with anything on these
infernal machines, and every other week there is an upgrade and I can't deal with the changes.
this computer came with Windows 7. It didn't run like my old laptop. Now instead of getting an option box to run or save a download, all you get is the option to save or cancel. I hate having to go into downloads, don't ask me why, i just do.
I had an old logitech M310 mouse left over from my last laptop…… it started giving me problems about 3 months ago, running really sluggishly, it won't move the cursor
in a timely manner. No amount of battery changing helps. Now it moves the cursor only an inch, you want to move the cursor further, you have to use the scroll pad to move the cursor over. So I went and bought a dynex laptop mouse model DX-NPMSE……… worked super swell for 3 months….then about 2/3 weeks ago, i start my computer and get an message: the device is incompatible with my computer. Hello? worked just fine, then BOOM!
Is this a problem with the USB port of this computer or with something internal that controls mouse operations? I have no problem with the little USB thingy you put in the port for the old mouse. it fits in snuggly and at least the mouse is operational, no error messages. I plug in the NEW mouse and it seems to wiggle in the USB port and i have gotten the mouse to work by playing with it for about an hour to get it in just the perfect position, it will work again, but it is tedious, really, I have sat here trying for up to an hour to manipulate it to a point where it will work. Granted, this has only worked twice, usually i just lose patience trying to get it to work, but it did work twice by exerting almost just a feather of pressure to the right spot. The computer has not been dropped so has had no trauma that would have loosened this USB port. I just don't understand why it worked one day and not the next.
Also, this computer will no longer save passwords when i go to a website. Is this a glitch with Mozilla? I hate internet explorer, with internet explorer there are 10 million cookies a day, with mozilla there is more control in keeping them at bay.
The password box would pop up all the time when i got this computer…… but i have had to upgrade the Mozilla program at least two or three times since i have had this. It's not so much the box not appearing any longer, it is more the on again, off again remembering of the passwords. The computer can go for a few days with no problems, then all of a sudden it just can't remember the password, you punch it in again, and it's fine for a few days. What's up with that?
I'm an old lady, i can't remember passwords, i can't find the book i write the passwords down in, things just get very confusing and harder as you age. I need this dumb machine to remember passwords.
I just need to know in your opinion does any of this sound like i just have a defective computer or is there some way to check the systems of the hard drive that they are working properly? Or does it sound like it is all malfunctions on the part of my mouse or the mozilla program?