When I open my laptop I often get the popup screen telling me to update my windows media player. I hesitate to do anything to my laptop that I don't need to. I googled this and it doesn't seem like I need it, except I do have lots of pics and use utube. Should I upgrade it? If not, how do I get rid of the popup? I cannot get a screenshot because as soon as I click on snipping tool it disappears. Thanks.
really all software installed on your pc/laptop should be kept upto date whether you use it or not for security reasons.
so personally i'd update it but if all you want is to stop the popup from nagging you then go to microsofts site here :- http://support.microsoft.com/KB/278960
and you will find a fix it button about half way down that will disable windows media players automatic check for updates, the first fix it button you will see nearer the top is to enable that feature.
yes.
if your going to use media player than my recommendation is always have the latest version fully updated with any security patches.
if your asking if it was my laptop what would i do? then the answer would be remove windows media player completely and install vlc instead.
i don't like windows media player, so don't take that last sentence seriously, it's just my personal preference, lots of people wouldn't like vlc.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI