This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Laptop turns on but doesn't boot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite l645d. The issue I'm having is that when I turn my laptop on the fan starts but that's it. The HDD light lights up once right when I turn it on, but it goes dead after that. I tried an external monitor but still got nothing.
You can try re-seating the memory, but other than that the motherboard is probably dead. Not really worth fixing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI