This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blue Circle Over Cursor

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Spent some time with Jeff over in Malware and he helped clean up my PC: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=126147

Now he's sending me over to you guys because that annoying blue circle over my cursor that run perpetually is still here. Granted, it is better now but about every other to every two shutdowns it will pop up again - it just runs and runs perpetually. It has been going on for over a year (used to be worse, was ALWAYS on when I turned my computer on) so you can imagine how maddening that would be. :pullhair: Thanks for any help you can offer!
Download Process Explorer http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte…s/bb896653.aspx to see what process/application is causing this. It could be a program updating, or a back-up running, or some other task being performed.
Hi Jacee, Done - it had me extract files and then I was able to run it. What am I supposed to be looking for? It is flashing green and red over Constant Guard - "IDVault.exe" and the numbers keep changing next to "Protection Suite" then next to that is "White Sky, Inc." ETA: I uninstalled Constant Guard (we just had it on from our internet provider to download Norton Antivirus) and the blue circle instantly disappeared. O.O
After I uninstalled it yesterday it went away. But I also used the tool you're talking about. In my downloads box Constant Guard still shows despite the uninstall - I just deleted it, hope that works. This thing has been a scourge for far too long and I am so grateful you guys were able to help me figure out what caused it. Thank you very much! :weee:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI