I have a Dell Inspiron 1440 Win 7 Home Premium laptop which has issues. After the POST I get the normal Windows login interface. After the PW and the "Welcome" screen, all I get is a black screen indefinitely. My mouse still works, as does Ctrl-Alt-Del. When I click on Task Manager nothing happens, it just goes back to a black screen.
I ran a NAV 2013 emergency boot and scan from the CD and it found and (possibly?) resolved a "Trojan.Gen.2" virus.
I am looking for the Win 7 Installation disk but so far no such luck. I looked on a bunch of support.microsoft pages and nothing really stood out to me. Can yanyone help?
If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:
Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.
I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.
You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.
You can also create a bootable USB Flash drive (4GB or larger) to install Windows 7 from.
Download and run Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3
Select Windows 7 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
Select the downloaded Windows 7 iso file
Select your USB flash drive
Click Create
For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.