This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook.com

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello When you import contacts from Google, some they double up in Outlook.com and cannot be removed even if you remove them from Gmail or Google. Is there a way to rid them from Outlook.com? Thank you Peter

What process did you use to import your contacts from Google to Outlook?




>>I exported the address book from Gmail then imported it to Outlook.com.

I have since resolved this as you can disassociate Google from Outlook.com which I did. I only had to replace about 5 contacts.

For average skilled users like me, synching and linking features can be quite confusing. I was reading that a lot of people who linked Facebook with Outlook.com were having trouble. I don't do social networking.
I'm not familiar with Outlook.com. But, if you sync your Outlook to Gmail AND import contacts from Gmail you are going to have duplicates. The best thing to do is delete all your Outlook Contacts and link it to Gmail. With that, any change to contacts in Outlook or Gmail will sync between the two in realtime.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI