Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hello When you import contacts from Google, some they double up in Outlook.com and cannot be removed even if you remove them from Gmail or Google. Is there a way to rid them from Outlook.com? Thank you Peter

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

What process did you use to import your contacts from Google to Outlook?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

What process did you use to import your contacts from Google to Outlook?

>>I exported the address book from Gmail then imported it to Outlook.com.

I have since resolved this as you can disassociate Google from Outlook.com which I did. I only had to replace about 5 contacts.

For average skilled users like me, synching and linking features can be quite confusing. I was reading that a lot of people who linked Facebook with Outlook.com were having trouble. I don't do social networking.

#4 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm not familiar with Outlook.com. But, if you sync your Outlook to Gmail AND import contacts from Gmail you are going to have duplicates. The best thing to do is delete all your Outlook Contacts and link it to Gmail. With that, any change to contacts in Outlook or Gmail will sync between the two in realtime.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#5 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm not familiar with Outlook.com.

Formally Windows Live Mail aka hotmail.

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.

#6 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

I appreciate your help, thank you.