When I saw the partitions I clicked on the C: and deleted so all I saw was unallocated 800 GB and 'next it'. I thought this would create the reserve partition that I saw when I first saw the partitions. I think going to Win 8 creates this reserve one.
Does it work the same way going installing 7?
Under system restore I do not see the reserve partition.
If you give the Windows 7 installer a raw (unformatted) drive of a drive with a Single partition, it will create the reserved partition. At least that has been my experience.
So if I see the unallocated partition, i.e., 800 GB unallocated and next it, there should be a reserve partition created.
When home I will check the disc management but system restore only shows C:\.
I am in the process of reverting back to 7 on both pcs so I will have Bluetooth etc.
I think 7 can do it all and is less confounded than 8.
I may keep an image of 8 on the usb drive but there is only regression and no progression using 8 for me.I have heard that Win 7 will be supported until 2020 - hope it is true as it will outlive me.
I thought you would be interested to kow that when I am in the BIOS, and find wireless there are four choices;
1-ALL which is the default
2-WLAN
3-BT
4-none
Do you think if I clicked BT it would open the switch as the icon says the BT needs to be turned on?
What to do after though?
if you want to use it wirelessly and have use of bluetooth, your going to need to leave your bios set at the default "all"
if you select either just "bt" or "wlan" then one or other of the devices are never going to work when you get to a desktop.
so yes leave it on "all" and if your os says it still needs to be turned on, then i'd check your keyboard for the bluetooth on/off button (might be a 2 key operation such as holding down the function key then tapping number 9 or something.) and check it's turned on, usually there's a light somewhere showing it's on.
If you give the Windows 7 installer a raw (unformatted) drive of a drive with a Single partition, it will create the reserved partition. At least that has been my experience.
>>Yes, that did work. Peter
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI