Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE keeps crashing on certain pages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 emorales

emorales

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

For the last week or so I have been unable to access certain websites from my main PC... I am able to access them from a different computer in the house, which is connected to the same modem, as well as my cell phone, however, when I try to access them from my main PC Internet Explorer keeps closing on me saying an unexpected error caused the website to close. This happens with Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube, as well as some other sites I have been trying to access recently. I tried resetting my internet; however, this did not help. When I reset my internet I was able to access the sites (sort of) without the webpage closing on me, but each page was entirely blank (The web address was at the top of the screen but that was it - the rest of the screen was white). I did a system restore as well (to a date where everything had been working fine), which just brought me back to having the websites close down entirely again when trying to access them. I ran a virus scan, which tells me my computer is clean (I currently use AVG Free), I tried a disk cleanup, deleted cookies, etc... Nothing has helped and in fact the list of websites I'm having trouble with is just growing. Any thoughts on what may be causing this problem or how to fix it?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Try resetting Internet Explorer.

Reset IE8
Reset IE9

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 emorales

emorales

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

As i mentioned above I did try resetting IE, with no luck. Any other suggestions?

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Sorry, you said you reset your internet. That didn't mean Internet Explorer to me.

Those sites all use a lot of flash video. Try uninstalling then reinstalling Adobe Flash, see if that helps.

Go here, see if flash works okay: Test Adobe Flash

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown