emorales
Topic Starter
For the last week or so I have been unable to access certain websites from my main PC… I am able to access them from a different computer in the house, which is connected to the same modem, as well as my cell phone, however, when I try to access them from my main PC Internet Explorer keeps closing on me saying an unexpected error caused the website to close. This happens with Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube, as well as some other sites I have been trying to access recently. I tried resetting my internet; however, this did not help. When I reset my internet I was able to access the sites (sort of) without the webpage closing on me, but each page was entirely blank (The web address was at the top of the screen but that was it - the rest of the screen was white). I did a system restore as well (to a date where everything had been working fine), which just brought me back to having the websites close down entirely again when trying to access them. I ran a virus scan, which tells me my computer is clean (I currently use AVG Free), I tried a disk cleanup, deleted cookies, etc… Nothing has helped and in fact the list of websites I'm having trouble with is just growing.
Any thoughts on what may be causing this problem or how to fix it?