I am trying to install a vendors diagnostic software, when I start the install it begins like normal then it immediately goes to reboot the system. I spoke with the company and they think my laptop is missing some sort of background program that helps with install. My error screenshot isattached. It looks like it might be java related but I uninstalled java and re-installed it but the software still wont load. The laptop is running windows 7 pro x64bit.
Not really sure what I can say, never seen that program before so not sure what it needs, but I have a few comments to get you started, first is in the screenshot it appears you are offline ?
Some programs require an active connection to get required files, so if you were offline, try again when connected.
Second is Admin rights, some programs require admin rights to run, if you haven't already, try right clicking on the file, and select to Run As Admin, see if that helps.
Another trick when things wont play nice is to try installing while in safe mode, can't hurt to try.
And finally what protection are you running ?
Sometimes Anti Virus can often block such actions to protect you, safe mode stops such cover running, which is why sometimes its easier to install that way, other times safe mode wont be able to install due to needing file(s) that are not running, so pausing\exiting such cover can be required to install some things, so look for such options under right clicking on them, a simple reboot starts them all working again, see if any of this helps.
I did not know you could install programs in safe mode. I will try that first thing and the virus protection is ESET and it was turned off so was windows firewall. The Internet connection was there but for some reason it looked like it was not connected.
I dare say there are many things that wont install in safe mode, but it never hurts to try when things wont go right, probably worth creating a restore point as well, but I think the system does that before proceeding with an install anyway, just a case of covering the bases.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI