hello, so a few days ago i was cleaning some old flash drives off when i was hi-lighting a few folders for deletion i mistakenly selected a folder with all my photos from over the years that were sorted in sub-folders, i was horrified, we are talking photos from family trips, car shows, all of my pictures, like over 12,000 pictures, i used a program to recover them to a spot on my hard drive but for some reason it duplicated a bunch of them and they are all in one folder…..i do not want to sort that many pics….. does any one know a different recovery that will recover the sub-folders with my pics sorted like i had them, i have not written any data to the flash drive since i deleted the pic on mistake, please help
An error detecting the error about your error? That does not even make sense to me and causes the hairs on my neck stand up and raise red flags. I hope it is just something lost in translation.
Note flash drives are lousy devices for permanent storage. I hope Recuva is successful. If not, I am afraid you are out of luck.
i used a program to recover them to a spot on my hard drive but for some reason it duplicated a bunch of them and they are all in one folder…..i do not want to sort that many pics…
Does this mean your files were successfully copied to the HD, but as multiple copies? If so, there are duplicate file finders that may help you sort through and delete the dups. However, I hesitate to recommend using them as too often folks have deleted needed files.
An error detecting the error about your error? That does not even make sense to me and causes the hairs on my neck stand up and raise red flags. I hope it is just something lost in translation.