This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

ads in bottom corners in every browser and links directing me to wrong

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been trying to fix my grandpa's computer that seems to have been infected with numerous malware and spyware. I have been able to fix most of the problems using Microsoft security essentials and spy-bot search and destroy. But I cannot figure out what is causing these ads in the lower corners of any browser I use and occasionally links are causing me to be redirected to the wrong pages. This problem has left me completely clueless. I've tried everything I can think of. I hope someone can help me because this "If you consider yourself a novice or newbie…please put down the sledgehammer and back slowly away, very slowly" is becoming more and more a reality. Even if all you do is read this. I would like to go ahead and thank you all for your time and effort spent helping people like myself.

**In any case where you happen to be busy or unable to give us a reply, we would be grateful if you keep us informed in advance and we will be more than happy to wait. Failure to do so we will have your thread closed in THREE(3) days. :)


Hello there, KsDrummer

:welcome:

I'm Conspire, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Please observe these rules while we work:
  • Read the entire procedure
  • It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Stick with me till you're given the all clear.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. Remember to backup all your important data(if possible) before moving on.

—————————————————————————————————

Sorry for the late response. Do you still need help?

—————————————————————————————————

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI