Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

card reader

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 alanrb

alanrb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hello, I have a Packard Bell Imedia 1308. I have a number of books downloaded to my computer but would like to transfer them to a SANDISK SDHC CARD ( 16 gb) When I attach above card I receive the following message ---- "Disc is write protected remove the write protection" The SDHC card is fine, had that checked by a professional photographer. Have tried a 4 gb card with the same results. It would appear it is a fault with the computer,has anyone else had this problem ? Hopefully somebody has a solution please. With a USB connection I can download the books direct to my ereader no problem. I wanted to store a large collection onto a SDHC card. Regards Alanrb

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi alanrb and welcome to the WTT forums Sorry to hear of the issue with the SDHC card. As a first step try copying the files to an ordinary memory stick..... does this work....? Post back and let us know how you get on Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 alanrb

alanrb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi Paws, thanks for the swift response to my query. Tried a memory stick and it works no problem. Does this help you solve my problem ? Regards Alanrb

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi alanrb, The SANDISK SDHC CARD has a built in write protect lock... to assist in preventing important photos and the like from being overwritten.... Look carefully where its says "Lock" on the card.... Does this help? Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 alanrb

alanrb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

thanks I am aware of the lock,it doesn't make any difference to the original message. Still won't allow me to put anything on the card. Regards alanrb ( nw-uk)

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hi alanrb If you are still getting the same message about write protection when the card is unlocked then see if you can "kickstart" it into action by using it in a camera...... will it record photographs this way? and can they then be transferred to your computer? Do you know what test procedures your professional photographer employed to determine that the card was working satisfactorily? Let us know how you get on Regards paws

#7 alanrb

alanrb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

Good Morning Paws, photographer took photos and they were downloaded to the camera, so one assumes the card is OK. Rang Packard Bell Technical this morning and they said computer should not have a problem and suggested I try the SDHC card in another computer and if I get the same negative response it's the card at fault. They also asked if I tried searching solutions on the internet !!! Regards alanrb

#8 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

hi alanrb

and suggested I try the SDHC card in another computer and if I get the same negative response it's the card at fault.

Yes thats why I asked the question about the tests the professional photographer performed.
What happened when you used the card in a digital camera, took the photos and then and then tried to copy them to your computer?
Regards
paws

#9 alanrb

alanrb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Didn't try that, it was in the guy's shop.Just checked that it downloaded to the card. Next step ----Forget about using SDHC cards. Best Wishes alanrb

#10 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

:thumbup: