This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

card reader

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have a Packard Bell Imedia 1308. I have a number of books downloaded to my computer but would like to transfer them to a SANDISK SDHC CARD ( 16 gb) When I attach above card I receive the following message —- "Disc is write protected remove the write protection" The SDHC card is fine, had that checked by a professional photographer. Have tried a 4 gb card with the same results. It would appear it is a fault with the computer,has anyone else had this problem ? Hopefully somebody has a solution please. With a USB connection I can download the books direct to my ereader no problem. I wanted to store a large collection onto a SDHC card. Regards Alanrb
Hi alanrb and welcome to the WTT forums Sorry to hear of the issue with the SDHC card. As a first step try copying the files to an ordinary memory stick….. does this work….? Post back and let us know how you get on Regards paws
Hi Paws, thanks for the swift response to my query. Tried a memory stick and it works no problem. Does this help you solve my problem ? Regards Alanrb
Hi alanrb, The SANDISK SDHC CARD has a built in write protect lock… to assist in preventing important photos and the like from being overwritten…. Look carefully where its says "Lock" on the card…. Does this help? Regards paws
thanks I am aware of the lock,it doesn't make any difference to the original message. Still won't allow me to put anything on the card. Regards alanrb ( nw-uk)
Hi alanrb If you are still getting the same message about write protection when the card is unlocked then see if you can "kickstart" it into action by using it in a camera…… will it record photographs this way? and can they then be transferred to your computer? Do you know what test procedures your professional photographer employed to determine that the card was working satisfactorily? Let us know how you get on Regards paws
Good Morning Paws, photographer took photos and they were downloaded to the camera, so one assumes the card is OK. Rang Packard Bell Technical this morning and they said computer should not have a problem and suggested I try the SDHC card in another computer and if I get the same negative response it's the card at fault. They also asked if I tried searching solutions on the internet !!! Regards alanrb
hi alanrb

and suggested I try the SDHC card in another computer and if I get the same negative response it's the card at fault.

Yes thats why I asked the question about the tests the professional photographer performed.
What happened when you used the card in a digital camera, took the photos and then and then tried to copy them to your computer?
Regards
paws
Didn't try that, it was in the guy's shop.Just checked that it downloaded to the card. Next step —-Forget about using SDHC cards. Best Wishes alanrb

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI