This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Backing Up Hard Drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Howdy. I'd like to learn how to back up my hard disk. I'm a novice when it comes to computers but it is my understanding that it's very important to back up the hard disk as a security precaution - in case the computer crashes, etc. I'd really appreciate any advice about how to go about doing this. I've heard that there are programs that walk you through the process but I'm not sure which ones are the most reliable (and the simplist to operate). Also, are you supposed to back up the hard disk onto a zip drive? or is there a better way to do this? BTW, I have an older model IBM ThinkPad with Windows 2000 as it's operating system. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and for any input.
hello Harry Hirsute,

there are many ways to back up your hard drive: back up to free space on your hard drive, backup data to cd's (if you have a cd burner) and not alot of data, backup to a 2nd hard drive or a external hard drive.
I can think of two apps Norton Ghost and Norton Drive image(used to be power quest) of course you have to have free hard drive space, both easy to use.


http://pages.prodigy.net/jdjd/backup/