I have been working with Ken on speeding up my computer. on another one of the forums. He suggested I come over here and have you check my startup items. I think I have unchecked them all now, but don't tknow if that is right either. I have windows 7 with firefox 14.0 and yahoo. Thanks
📎startup_file.JPG
That wasn't a good idea as you need certain programs to operate at startup, like your antivirus for instance. Re-enable everything and reboot.
Note: Please don't do anything I haven't asked you to do.
Follow the following procedure and lets see if it makes a difference, If not we can move right along.
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup
This will open the Disk Cleanup window
. Select the drive you want to clean up
. Click OK
Check the following entries: . Temporary Internet Files
. Recycle Bin
. Temporary Files
. When asked if you're sure you want to delete these files, click Yes.
2. Download StartupLite by Rubberducky to your Desktop.
. Doubleclick StartupLite.exe to launch the programme.
. Ensure the Disable box is checked.
. Click Continue.
. A pop up message will tell you the unnecessary startup items in your list have been disabled and ask you to restart your computer.
. Re-start your computer.
3. Defrag your Hard Drive
4. Check your free disk space
. Click Start > Computer
. A window will open
Information for your Hard disk drive(s), including the exact amount of free space available, will be displayed in the upper portion of the window. You should have at least 20% of free space.
I thought we were done, that is why I had disabled the strtup. I usually only had 2 or 3 checked anyways. But I will do what you say and get back to you. Thanks.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI