compudodo
Topic Starter
Okay, I've been using my not so trusty lenovo g-555 very heavily over the past few weeks….it's older, i bought it the spring of 2010…. this week I think it might be telling me it can't handle the stress
I'm on a website and the screen goes white, it doesn't CRASH per se, it is still running, but everything i was doing is gone and i'm in a white screen limbo…. happened twice yesterday and just today, now, twice….. it's not just the losing of what I was saying, it's scarier because the second time, it just wiped out over half of my favorites list….. now how'd that occur? nothing shut down, but the computer re-adjusted something and wiped out 3/4th's of my favorites list and that is darn annoying, i can't remember those 50 other websites that were important or caught my eye and offered me something I wanted to remember.
I know nothing about computers, but i do know they really don't last all that long, maybe some of you out there have the ability to do updates and add features that keep it well oiled like a new spring, but let's face it, there are dolts like me out there who just are not intrepid enough to open a computer and do what? well, what you are doing, i sure can't do it. I just can't.
i've had minor nervous breakdowns just running scans and downloading stuff you tell me to do when i get a virus… well, to be truthful? a lot of them weren't so minor….. when the computer goes ka-flooey, it's like apocalypse now for me.
do ya think it sounds like my computer might be giving up the ghost here??? Should I run to best buy and get a bunch of USB memory sticks and save my poems, scribblings and photos IMMEDIATELY????? thanks guys for your in put!!!!