This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ie8 will not close

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

If I open an instance of ie8, another one opens on it on, If I try to end that one,It opens back up again, as many times

as I end it, It reopens,,,but if I end the one that I originally opened , then they both close. Can you please tell me if this is

normal or is there a viris or malware doing this ? :pullhair:

Thanks in advance , Mike
I have two instances of IE open. Download Process Explorer …. it will let you know what's running:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte…s/bb896653.aspx
Try starting IE8 without Add-ons.

Click on Start then Run, type iexplore -extoff and press Enter or click OK.

You will get a page with Internet Explorer is currently running without add-ons.

Go ahead and try it and see what happens. If it's okay then there is a problem with one (or more) of the Add-ons. Click on Tools then Manage Add-ons. Disable a few at a time till you find the one that is causing the problem then uninstall it or leave it disabled.
I did that Ztruker and still, there is 2 iexplorers open in the task manager , when I try to close the one using the most memory,,,is opens right back. If I close the one that I originally opened ,,,the both close ! :pullhair:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI