Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Copy Folder - Macromedia Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nanajana

nanajana

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

I am having a problem which is driving me crazy. I keep getting the message: Copy Folder - The C:\Users\Janice\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player...\settings.sol folder does not exist. The file may have been moved or deleted. Do you want to create it? settings.sol, Type: SOL File, Size 87 bytes, Date modified: 7/26/2012 8:26 PM & then options of Yes, Skip Cancel. It is also blocking me from using Thunderbird my email client. I open Thunderbird but I get the message that states: Login Failed, set new password, retry etc. I can access of course through webmail but have 4 accounts in Thunderbird which is more convenient to access through Thunderbird than webmail. I have done a system restore to a restore point before this message started appearing (which was yesterday), all was well for a while but it has come back for a visit. Hope someone can help me! Cheers, Janice
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE! Great words to live by.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 nanajana

nanajana

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Actually I get the login message now only on sending a message, otherwise I can now login to my email using Thunderbird but now I can't send anything. It is very frustrating!! Cheers, Janice

#3 Jenfrag

Jenfrag

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Sometimes we got problems in the software that we use and restoring all of them can help.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Try uninstalling Thunderbird, reboot then reinstall it, see if that helps.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 nanajana

nanajana

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hi, Okay, I'll try uninstalling Thunderbird. Cheers, Janice

#6 nanajana

nanajana

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Nope, didn't work! Still can't send, forward or reply to emails in Thunderbird and still getting message about Copy Folder.

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Try uninstalling flash, see if that allows you to login to Thunderbird. If yes, then you can reinstall flash.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#8 nanajana

nanajana

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hi, I am away from computer til Tuesday but will try this once I'm at my computer. Thanks for reply! Cheers, Janice

#9 nanajana

nanajana

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

HI, I updated flash and this caused all kinds of problems but I have finally restored everything to where it should be. I reinstalled Thunderbird and it seems to be working now and also not getting the copy folder, YAY!!! Thanks for the help! Cheers, Janice