I am about to get my hands on an old Compaq Presario 700. It is pretty much useless - I had originally intended it to be my typewriter for my studies, but it turns out the computer (unsurprisingly) has virtually no battery life, and also the lid closing mechanism doesn't really work anymore - so I'm probably better of using the Apple PowerBook Pismo I already have, which is as old as the Presario, or get the G4 working, but I digress. I had the idea I could install some lighter Linux distro (Slax, Lubuntu, or even DSL) on the Compaq and turn it into a personal file (FTP) and shell server. Would that work? I am also behind a router and have a dynamic IP address, which doesn't exactly make things easier. I would really appreciate your help with this matter, as I have virtually no experience with this.