Gilduck
Topic Starter
Hi Techs,
I've never seen this forum until now and due to vast amount of information across the entire spectrum i will be sticking here for quite a while, and do some digging.
Anyway after doing some searching i have an issue reasonably similar to this post from a much earlier date:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…=95779&st=0
I didn't particularlly want to start reposting as it can cause some issues, but since i don't have the exact same setup i believe it might be acceptable, plus i won't be hi-jacking another persons post.
My network is different from the norm, Instead of connecting to a Router i connect my entire wireless network up to my mobile which i use as my broadband. Galaxy S3 to be exact.
The real issue i have is my second hand desktop has started experiencing issue connecting to any wireless network and restarts any time i request it to.
I have reinstalled Windows XP SP2 and upgraded to SP3 installed the the drivers for the wireless network card and used the desktop for a few months as a development machine, have connected to wireless networks many times with this desktop, then shortly before moving house noticed the that if i ask the wireless to reconnect to any wireless network the desktop forces a restart.
I state reconnect as i used to have the wireless network as a saved network, and as long as i had the mobile network setup prior to booting the desktop it would connect instantly with no issues.
As mobile phones are though they can be quite akward and sometimes would have to restart the connection, which in turn would reboot the desktop.
Have now moved house have a new mobile and with that new mobile network therefore not a saved network on the desktop and can no longer connect,
I have now setup a wireless network to share media throughout the house, but cannot get this desktop to connect to the wireless router either.
I expect that this issue is going to be related directly to either the network card itself, maybe even the driver or network config settings.
Please can i ask for some assistance identifying the route cause of the issue.
additonal info:
Have a Laptop and 3 desktops, only using 1 desktop at the moment as i'm still building the other two, xbox 360 few friends have connected to other devices like mobiles, laptops & xboxs all of which successfully connect to my mobile network and share the internet access. (so don't think the wireless access point is the issue).
I don't have broadband / House phone package, but do have a wireless router which i'm attempting to share my internet connection through via my mobile (seperate issue)
Sorry for it being bank holiday, I don't exactly expect this to be answered today, but i'm off all week this week.
In advance many thanks for the support.
Regards
I've never seen this forum until now and due to vast amount of information across the entire spectrum i will be sticking here for quite a while, and do some digging.
Anyway after doing some searching i have an issue reasonably similar to this post from a much earlier date:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…=95779&st=0
I didn't particularlly want to start reposting as it can cause some issues, but since i don't have the exact same setup i believe it might be acceptable, plus i won't be hi-jacking another persons post.
My network is different from the norm, Instead of connecting to a Router i connect my entire wireless network up to my mobile which i use as my broadband. Galaxy S3 to be exact.
The real issue i have is my second hand desktop has started experiencing issue connecting to any wireless network and restarts any time i request it to.
I have reinstalled Windows XP SP2 and upgraded to SP3 installed the the drivers for the wireless network card and used the desktop for a few months as a development machine, have connected to wireless networks many times with this desktop, then shortly before moving house noticed the that if i ask the wireless to reconnect to any wireless network the desktop forces a restart.
I state reconnect as i used to have the wireless network as a saved network, and as long as i had the mobile network setup prior to booting the desktop it would connect instantly with no issues.
As mobile phones are though they can be quite akward and sometimes would have to restart the connection, which in turn would reboot the desktop.
Have now moved house have a new mobile and with that new mobile network therefore not a saved network on the desktop and can no longer connect,
I have now setup a wireless network to share media throughout the house, but cannot get this desktop to connect to the wireless router either.
I expect that this issue is going to be related directly to either the network card itself, maybe even the driver or network config settings.
Please can i ask for some assistance identifying the route cause of the issue.
additonal info:
Have a Laptop and 3 desktops, only using 1 desktop at the moment as i'm still building the other two, xbox 360 few friends have connected to other devices like mobiles, laptops & xboxs all of which successfully connect to my mobile network and share the internet access. (so don't think the wireless access point is the issue).
I don't have broadband / House phone package, but do have a wireless router which i'm attempting to share my internet connection through via my mobile (seperate issue)
Sorry for it being bank holiday, I don't exactly expect this to be answered today, but i'm off all week this week.
In advance many thanks for the support.
Regards