This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Google Folder

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

Is it safe to delete a Google Folder located in my Program files?
I don't rely on anything associated with google except for the default search providers within the browsers.

Also which of these programs are safe to uninstall please?


Agere Systems HDA Modem	Agere Systems	17/04/2008		

AVerMedia A310 (MiniCard, DVB-T) 1.1.0.27	AVerMedia TECHNOLOGIES, Inc.	01/08/2012	616 KB	1.1.0.27

Broadcom Gigabit Integrated Controller	Broadcom Corporation	17/04/2008	1.00 MB	11.11.03

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver	Intel Corporation	31/07/2012		

Intel® Matrix Storage Manager	Intel Corporation	31/07/2012	48.0 MB	

JMicron JMB38X Flash Media Controller	JMicron Technology Corp.	17/04/2008	2.25 MB	1.00.10.04

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1	Microsoft Corporation	01/08/2012	27.8 MB	

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile	Microsoft Corporation	01/08/2012	120 MB	4.0.30319

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable	Microsoft Corporation	17/04/2008	422 KB	8.0.56336

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)	Microsoft Corporation	01/08/2012	35.0 KB	4.20.9870.0

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)	Microsoft Corporation	01/08/2012	1.33 MB	4.20.9876.0

Winbond CIR Device Drivers	Winbond Electronics Corporation	17/04/2008	2.24 MB	7.60.1012
In the future, if unsure if a file or folder can be deleted or not, simply rename it first. That's what I do all the time. But do not radically change the name or you might forget the original name. So I just append info on the end that will get my attention next time I am looking in that folder.

For example,

filename.exe I will rename to filename.exe-delete-8-2-12
foldername I will rename to foldername-delete-8-2-12

Then I just use my computer as I normally would. If something ends up broken, I can simply rename it back. By putting the word delete and today's date, then, next week, next month or next year when I stumble on that renamed file/folder, I can easily see what my intent was, and I can see how long it has been renamed - thus telling me if safe to delete or not.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI