This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Randow audio file playing in the background [Closed]

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks for your quick reply. I have to take my wife to the doctor but will be back in about 3 hours (I hate the waiting at a doctor's office).
Well, I tried something else, I opened as "safe mode with networking"-it worked and gave me the desktop. I right clicked on aswMBR and it did not run. I checked in task mgr and it was not running. Then, out of curiosity, I restarted in just the "safe mode" and lo and behold, it opened OK and I got the desktop-again the aswMBR would not run. I checked and the aswMBR I have on the desktop IS and .exe file.
Let's get another look at this…

In the run box type the following

diskmgmt.msc

When disc management opens expand it so that all drives are visible
Take a screenshot and post it here
Hi,

I would like for you to try to run through the instructions I posted in Reply #20 for running FRST. Let me know if you have problems.
I still had the flash drive with FRST64 on it-I can open it and it is there. I got the same results-none as in post #23-nothing will not open the flash drive..
Please download MBRCheck.exe to your desktop.
  • Be sure to disable your security programs
  • Double click on the file to run it (Vista and Windows 7 users will have to confirm the UAC prompt)
  • A window will open on your desktop
  • if an unknown bootcode is found you will have further options available to you, at this time press N then press Enter twice.
  • If nothing unusual is found just press Enter
  • A .txt file named MBRCheck_mm.dd.yy_hh.mm.ss should appear on your desktop.
  • Please post the contents of that file.
I tried something else to try to get frst64 to run. When I was in the recovery mode and there was a tab to for "drivers" I put in my driver disc and installed drivers for the USB port -then went back to the cmd prompt and tried to access the flash drive where I had the frst64.ex located-still no luck.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI