This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Randow audio file playing in the background [Closed]

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have run Full Malwarebytes scan and MS Security and did not find any thing. Random audio plays abfor 10-15 seconds about every two hours Atached is the lasterd Hijackthi file. Thanks
Hi and Welcome!! :) My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your Operating System and losing all your programs and data.


Having said that….Let's get going!! :thumbup:
———-

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Right-click and Run as Administrator dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt
———-

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

  • Right click and Run as Administrator the aswMBR icon to run it.
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

[external image: Posted Image]
Click the image to enlarge it
———-

Please download TDSSKiller.zip
  • Extract it to your desktop
  • Double click TDSSKiller.exe
  • when the window opens, click on Change Parameters
  • under ”Additional options”, put a check mark in the box next to “Detect TDLFS File System”
  • click OK
  • Press Start Scan but do nothing else as we are just looking for what is there.
  • Attach the log in your next reply
  • A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)
———-
Hi,

Did you get the DDS.txt log as well?

I cannot get the aswMBR to run to run opened as administrator nor the Kapensky TDSSkiller.

Can you get them to run at all?
I could not get either one to open so I completely uninstalled both and reinstalled them The Kapensky zip file did open and I did get the application. I tried opening both as administrator. I am not a good typist-notice the subject should be RANDOM. Sorry- thanks
Ok….let try this.

In the run box type the following

diskmgmt.msc

When disc management opens expand it so that all drives are visible
Take a screenshot and post it here

Are you able to burn a CD on another computer ?
————-
Good job!

I need you to download:
gparted-live-0.10.0-3.iso (115.1 MB)

Create a bootable CD, for Gparted from the ISO image.

You can use ImgBurn do this.

Now boot off of the newly created Gparted CD.

[external image: Posted Image]

You should be here… Press ENTER

[external image: Posted Image]

By default, "do not touch keymap" is highlighted.
Leave this setting alone and just press ENTER.

[external image: Posted Image]

Choose your language and press ENTER. English is default [33]

[external image: Posted Image]

Once again, at this prompt, press ENTER
You will now be taken to the main GUI screen below

[external image: Posted Image]

According to your logs, the partition that you want to delete is 1 mb

Click the trash can icon to delete and then click Apply.

You should now be here confirming your actions:

[external image: Posted Image]

Now you should be here:

[external image: Posted Image]

[external image: Posted Image]

Is "boot" next to your OS drive?
If "boot" is not next to your OS drive under "Flags", right-mouse click the OS drive while in Gparted and select Manage Flags

In the menu that pops up, place a checkmark in boot like the picture below:

[external image: Posted Image]


Now double-click the [external image: Posted Image] button.

You should receive a small pop up like this:

[external image: Posted Image]

Choose reboot and then press OK.
I guess I don't understand all I know. If I create the bootable CD, then I restart with that CD? Now what file is the offending one? Could I delete that file using a program like HijackThis ? or some other program. I get nervous rebooting from another disc. I can made the disk with the Windows program or use a separate program I have which will let me burn to files to a CD or DVD. Sorry to be so dense. The audio files playing at random are annoying –I have changed all passwords just to make sure. Thanks much P. S. My name is listed as Lewis31-the 31 is for my birthyear so I am getting old. Cheers!!

If I create the bootable CD, then I restart with that CD?

Yes….

Now what file is the offending one?

In the screen shot you can see the partition that is only 1 mb in size….I want you to delete that.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI