too long to boot - set up screen appears [Solved]
36 min read
Hi,
Those belong to security programs and from what I am seeing you can allow those.
———
As for TrendMicro not running as scheduled, do you have your system set to sleep or hibernate at the scheduled time? If so you need to change that.
Try to check the Logs inside the Trend Micro program's main console. Check if the scan has been skipped. To do this, refer to the following:
01. Open the Trend Micro Consumer Product main console.
02. Click on the Other Settings & Subscription button.
03. Click on the Logs tab.
04. Choose Scan Times and Skipped Tasks.
05. Click on the View Logs link.
Hi Jeff
I checked the logs, it shows it rain 7/29/12 beginning at 9:45 pm - but it has not run today.
Check out my youtube site for some entertainment…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oyzlb0n_vw
Dar
That was some nice video you have there. Looks like it was a lot of fun.
I am going to have to do some more digging on Trend Micro….having never used it myself I am not particularly familiar with the ins and outs. I will get back as quickly as I can.
Jeff - Trend was not going to run last night when I checked at 10:00pm - it's set to run at 9:30pm - so I just shut it down for the night. I only have a black screen saver come on so the monitor here does not light up the dining room allnight!!
We have a lot of fun riding our goldwing - we ride every weekend. sometimes we even lead a ride or two! There are many rides on my channel - good tunes to! I play them just for background music while I work here.
thanks for all your help.
dar
Still here?
Good Afternoon Jeff - we just got home from a charity run in the rain - Ride for Kids (Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation) Our chapter was #1 again! YAH!
All seems very well. Trend was not installed from a disk that I can find - must of been a download install. It seems to run the DAILY scan every 3 days. I may contact them directly to check that out. If it doesn't run on it's own, I just do a manual scan. So far Trend is finding just cookies and deleting them. so all is well!
When I use IE9 it seems to load, then there is a pause before you can actually use the site. This is new. Must be some program scanning it?
Dar
I bet that was a good time and for a good cause.we just got home from a charity run in the rain
———
Glad that things are running well. We have already removed our tools earlier so I think that you are all set to go.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI