Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Huge Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crazyh

crazyh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

On May 8 there was a huge Windows update which ran then my computer shut down automatically. Since then websites/email have been slow to load. I use Firefox as a browser, scanned with AVAST & Malware bytes with problems detected. Could the huge update have caused a problem?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 crazyh

crazyh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

I should have said NO problems deteced with AVAST & Malware bytes instead of problems detected

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Short answer -- sure, anything can happen. More comprehensive assistance will depend upon more information about your machine resources, previous configuration of operating system, other installed software, and specific items included in the "huge" update. To keep track of, and understanding the actual items (by date of install) included in any one update, click on the Windows Update applet in your Start - All Programs... then Select the "Review Your Update History" in the left-hand menu. You can even copy/paste from that list, if there are specific updates that you wish to investigate in specific.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.