This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Volume control has disappeared

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

OK… the program I'm thinking of is called Quickset. It is found here: C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe I believe it will put a little blue "Q" with a yellow tail in your taskbar. If you have this icon… try left clicking on it and selecting something about Hotkey popups. I'm guessing that this will show the onscreen volume meter enabled. I suggest that you disable it and then re-enable it and see if that restores things.
Tom K, Yes, it's a Dell computer. I found quickset and it put an icon in my taskbar, but it looks more like a white 9 with a black background. Clicking on it doesn't do anything.

Keep me around… or just haven't found a lock for the door that I can't pick?


Yeah. We let you believe that.
But you haven't been able to find the Chocolate stash, now have you?
I'm not a big chocolate fan (or sweets in general). Tashi, Jacee, and Metallica are welcome to it. Now if we are talking meat… I can eat my weight in beef, pork or chicken - and I'll fight you for my share of venison or lamb. :P
I haven't had venison since my early 20's, more than 40 years ago. I quit hunting when I moved to California. I got licensed and tried hunting the first year, but quickly discovered that "hunters" down here are literally "bush-whackers". That is, if they hear a sound in the bush, they fire off a shot, and then go see if they hit anything. When I hunted in Washington State there was a serious element of woods craft, tracking, and both knowledge and respect for game animals. Down here, I've actually seen idiots firing from "inside" of their vehicle. Needless to say, I now stay home during any season that has the word "hunting" in it. If I ever get up to Eastern Oregon, I'll swamp out your stables, or paint your barn for a filet of venison.
I never have time for "hunting". Pretty much I just "collect the rent" during hunting season. It's usually just a distraction to herding cows or mending fences. Therefore I usually end up with fairly small bucks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI