This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

BSOD Windows 7 Starter 32bit Netbook Acer 522 Aspire One

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ive actually seen this a few times before but it was very infrequent. In the BSOD it states 'page fault in non paged area'. I have installed a 2gb RAM chip a while ago like months ago, and all seemed fine. Do i have to revert to factory settings ? If so which button is it that i press when on the startup screen? I have been looking on google etc. people saying it could be either malware or hardrive issues, but how do i run anything like chckdsk etc? Thanks x

Ive actually seen this a few times before but it was very infrequent. In the BSOD it states 'page fault in non paged area'.

I have installed a 2gb RAM chip a while ago like months ago, and all seemed fine.
Do i have to revert to factory settings ? If so which button is it that i press when on the startup screen?

I have been looking on google etc. people saying it could be either malware or hardrive issues, but how do i run anything like chckdsk etc?

Thanks
x


Hey ive actually figured out how to use windows memory diagnostic! running it now to see what it does and if it helps. Will post the findings. x

Ive actually seen this a few times before but it was very infrequent. In the BSOD it states 'page fault in non paged area'.

I have installed a 2gb RAM chip a while ago like months ago, and all seemed fine.
Do i have to revert to factory settings ? If so which button is it that i press when on the startup screen?

I have been looking on google etc. people saying it could be either malware or hardrive issues, but how do i run anything like chckdsk etc?

Thanks
x


Hey ive actually figured out how to use windows memory diagnostic! running it now to see what it does and if it helps. Will post the findings. x


Just realised it says 'results wil be displayed again after you log on'. Im not sure i can see those results in time… very distressed atm :(

Ive actually seen this a few times before but it was very infrequent. In the BSOD it states 'page fault in non paged area'.

I have installed a 2gb RAM chip a while ago like months ago, and all seemed fine.
Do i have to revert to factory settings ? If so which button is it that i press when on the startup screen?

I have been looking on google etc. people saying it could be either malware or hardrive issues, but how do i run anything like chckdsk etc?

Thanks
x


Hey ive actually figured out how to use windows memory diagnostic! running it now to see what it does and if it helps. Will post the findings. x


Just realised it says 'results wil be displayed again after you log on'. Im not sure i can see those results in time… very distressed atm :(


I found this on the net:

" I had a similar problem with my Acer One "netbook" running Windows Starter. Using some of the advice from the good people here, I restarted the computer and immediately held the F8 button down (some people claim tapping it continually is better - try both) until I got the option to go into Safe Mode.

However, I was given an option above safe mode to Repair Computer or something like that. The first option. I chose that and it will walk you thru 2 screens easily and it will warn you that it could take more than an hour to check. And that even after it checks and asks you to "finish", which will restart the computer, it may have to do it again.

It worked on the very first attempt and it only took about 15 minutes.

It's very difficult to find help on Windows 7 Starter. Thank you "

Im not sure about trying it, i remember doing it once before but that was to completely reset it, what if i mess it up more by pressing f8 and then cancelling. What should i do first. Thanks. And sorry about all the quotes, im not sure how else do post updates on here :\

Ive actually seen this a few times before but it was very infrequent. In the BSOD it states 'page fault in non paged area'.

I have installed a 2gb RAM chip a while ago like months ago, and all seemed fine.
Do i have to revert to factory settings ? If so which button is it that i press when on the startup screen?

I have been looking on google etc. people saying it could be either malware or hardrive issues, but how do i run anything like chckdsk etc?

Thanks
x


Hey ive actually figured out how to use windows memory diagnostic! running it now to see what it does and if it helps. Will post the findings. x


Just realised it says 'results wil be displayed again after you log on'. Im not sure i can see those results in time… very distressed atm :(


I found this on the net:

" I had a similar problem with my Acer One "netbook" running Windows Starter. Using some of the advice from the good people here, I restarted the computer and immediately held the F8 button down (some people claim tapping it continually is better - try both) until I got the option to go into Safe Mode.

However, I was given an option above safe mode to Repair Computer or something like that. The first option. I chose that and it will walk you thru 2 screens easily and it will warn you that it could take more than an hour to check. And that even after it checks and asks you to "finish", which will restart the computer, it may have to do it again.

It worked on the very first attempt and it only took about 15 minutes.

It's very difficult to find help on Windows 7 Starter. Thank you "

Im not sure about trying it, i remember doing it once before but that was to completely reset it, what if i mess it up more by pressing f8 and then cancelling. What should i do first. Thanks. And sorry about all the quotes, im not sure how else do post updates on here :\


As predicted, wont stay on long enough to get results of the memory diagnostic check, im not sure if it even finished… IVe just found the edit button :| Sorry!

Anyway, I couldn't help but press f8 and its good. i have a few repair options:

Start-up Repair: Auto fixes problems that are preventing windows from starting
System restore: restore windows to an earlier point in time
System Image recovery: Recover comp using a system image you created earlier
Windows memory diagnostic: Check comp for memory hardware errors
Command Prompt
Recovery Management: Restore system to factory default settings

As the guy stated above. I chose the first option, but it says my OS boots perfectly fine. So my netbook boots, after logging on, then what happens… Could this be malware then? Please help me somebody

Now im really upset tried to run chckdsk in command prompt and said something like 'this file is npft' or something and the BSOD appeared and this time i had to manually switch it off :(
I just tried system restore again BSOD, manual restart.. Its not even possible for the net book to repair it self. Is it really dead then?

Just realised ive had a broken usb in my netbook for some time, could this be causing problems? trying to get it out using tweezers.. haha but its stuck , its all chippy like wood chippy??

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI